Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Best Buddies

I just love this photo. It reminds me of all the reasons why I love animals, dogs specifically. Second, I seem to notice a dog before I do the owner. You see the joy this dog brings her, you see the happiness of the dog because it is being cared for so well. Believe me, that love is a two way street.

So many times I remember coming home to my dog and him just being able to give me the right love I needed. All he asked for in return was to fill his dog bowl, a walk, a clean bed and a few pats on the head. Well, if you knew Homer, he was pig for petting, so there were lots of pets demanded. But we have Sawyer these days. He is a 10 month old puppy, sweet and a little dopey. He is good at chasing the deer off our property and his kisses are great. As time has gone by, I see the bond he has developed with our son, so sweet. As much as I miss our old dog, I think I may just have a new place in my heart for this new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories