Monday, November 22, 2010

The Happiest Place, no really


I know, but what they say is true. The Magic Kingdom is the Happiest Place on Earth. However, getting there can be hell. I was so stressed in the planning and preparation, it was maddening. Luckily, we are staying at my parents house. The day before I left I just resigned myself to the fact to taking care of my deliverables to my clients and making sure I packed what I needed for my family's survival.

The one person I was worried about was our dog. I know, I know, he is an animal. But he is only a puppy and under a year old. I was afraid to board him, but had no other choice. However, the choice I made seemed brilliant. He is staying at a spa retreat for dogs, I swear. As I dropped him off, in my haggard state, with a "to-do" list a block long, I found myself jealous. Of a dog. He was going to have his own room, a good size for his size. A yard to run in, and someone to come in to check on him. The yard area was beautiful and spacious. Before we pick him up he is going to get fully groomed--a true spa treatment. With all that relaxation, I thought of all the books I could read and sleeping I could do. Darn you spoiled dog. I did feel bad for my 3yo, who originally was crying in Target when he found out we were buying items for our dog's vacation. After we got home, I caught him telling the dog about the "doggie" vacation. Not sure who the discussion was really for, but my son was smiling.

So here we are, my family, my parents and brother. Rotating in the teacups, cruising the Small World, hitting the countries in Epcot and shaking hands with Woody, Minney and Mickey. Ahhh, the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories