Sunday, October 3, 2010

Those special reminders that you are loved


Each Wedding, for me, begins as a blank canvas, but I approach it with a POA (plan of action). I know that each detail has been planned by the bride and groom over a long period of time that will unfold quickly in one day. Yet, is this really true of the other observers?

When I approached the home where the bride was getting ready, I have somewhat of an idea of what to expect. A beautiful bride, that I met, shot her engagement session and chatted with over the phone. She was awesome and cracked me up. Most likely, there would be a flurry of activity in the getting ready process and I needed to have my head "in the game".

But as I walked in, I was completely taken in by something else. The sweet whirling dervish making her way around the home confirming that everyone had what they needed with the happiest look on her face. I needed a double take as she reminded me of my own grandmother on my Wedding Day. The happiness, the pride, the love and the laughter were spot on. I was doing double duty shooting the bride and grandmother and was able to capture the above. I love the gaze she gave the bride as she walked into the living room. It was so touching. This is a woman would held her when she was born and has now seen her grow into a beautiful young woman. How could she be nothing but so happy and proud?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories