Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Note to Dog Owners

We get visitors at our house, but never for our puppy, Sawyer. He was going wild at our window and demanding to go out. I thought he saw the other dog in our neighbor's yard and they wanted to have their chat at the fence, but it was something else. There was an awesome Chocolate Lab out there on our property. I was shocked, to say the least. He was sweet and friendly, getting along with our much younger dog.

Since I knew that there was a family missing this guy, I checked for his tags. I saw his vaccination tags and his extremely worn ID tag. It had his name and address, but no contact information. So, I called information to try to find his family, but there was no answer at his house and the voicemail was not working. I also had no idea where his street was. Thankfully, my suburban town is not big. It is just that I have a young son and a puppy. My neighbor did not know where the street on the tag was either. I had to call the police.

So, animal control van pulled into my driveway. I was a little nervous as to what that meant. But, the officer was nice. She saw he was well kept and had tags. He would be returned. I just hope it was soon and there is a not some sweet, little girl or boy missing their dog.

Moral of my tale? Yes be sure to have an ID tag on your dog with the following information:

1. Name of Dog
(First and Last, i.e. Astro Jetson)
2. Street Address
3. City, State and Zip
4. PHONE or CELL number
(use a number that is always accessible to you and is up to date)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories