Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Late Summer Fun

You know those fun, lazy days of summer. So hard to believe that it is all coming to an end so soon. A summer, this year in the Philadelphia area, that was hot, hot, hot. No one is really looking forward to going back to school or even starting school. These last few months the pool and shade were the only respite for any kind of heat relief. At times, it felt too hard to even relax and eat outside. Ugh.
But don't you just wish these long days would just last forever? I love the long days of sun, when I can get up at 6:00a and the sun greets me at my window. Doing things in the early morning and I get the dog outside all before the rest of the house wakes up. There is also no worrying about coats, socks, etc. Walking in the grass barefoot, getting ice cream with my family and going on hikes. I just love it. Everything is easier, happier, more fun.

Couldn't you just put the head band on with the sparkly, fun hearts and blow some more bubbles--just one more day? I definitely could. There is a nothing like walking around in the grass barefoot...(sigh)

But hold on. You still have time, Labor Day is not here yet. So make the most of it. This weekend looks to have fantastic weather in store. Enjoy the sunshine, the cooler mid 80 degree temperatures and while your at it, blow some bubbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories