Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How you make work?



Ah, ma boy. He is a nut. He sure is my boy. Imitation is definitely a form a flattery and he loves to imitate me constantly. One of my favorites lately was when he threw his arms in the air in disgust and said, "Ugh, I can't take it any more!" My husband knows where he got that one fer sher.

My newest favorite came recently. A few weeks back he came in with this on his face......

He said "Mommy, I shoot you!!" Sadly for him, it did not work. Not due to the fact that there were no memory cards. It was a headlamp that my husband and I used for camping. The camping we used to do before little man came along.

But my favorite was today. He sat in one of my client chairs and said, "Mommy how do you do work?" "You mean what do I do for work", I said. "Yea", the 3 year old replied like, how much more obvious could he be? I tried to think of the easiest way to explain this to a 3 year old. Did I start with, "I left my job at Comcast with people that I loved and doing things I enjoyed, to stay home with you my cherub", no sounds like a guilt trip he would see right through it. Should I pointed to the walls and say, "Well, my son, look a this vast elaborate empire of beautiful images your mother has crafted using her Nikon products". Puke, no not getting paid for a promotional message. So I went with.

"I take pictures of people. It makes me happy." I said. "Them happy too?" he said. "I think so" I said. He took a look around at the walls, slowly and carefully. As much as a three year old can. He smiled and said, "Wow Mommy, you have Style!" With that, he jumped off the chair and was out of the room. Yep, my heart swelled with obnoxious joy. Getting that from my 3 year old was so much more than any compliment I could ever receive.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Teaching him early on do what you love! And I have to use that line "... look a this vast elaborate empire of beautiful images your mother has crafted using her Nikon products"

    ReplyDelete

Categories