Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hump Day Happy: That Three Year Old is in All of Us

She's cute, She's sweet and she just turned three. They are lighting the candles and this little princess is eagerly awaiting the birthday song and to make her special wish. The look on her face here is, well, priceless.

Even though it was many years ago, I do remember my third birthday. Why? My mother made me a Snow White cake that I asked to see every five minutes. I remember they kept it above the refrigerator and my mom had to climb on a chair to reach it (we are not a tall family). Every time I looked at it, it made me so happy. I had such eager anticipation of when my extended family would arrive, sing Happy Birthday to me, I could blow the candles out and make my wish. In fact, when I saw this, I saw the reflection of a little Heather many years ago.

People dread birthdays. However, the one thing I love is the gathering around the table, the candles aglow and celebrating the gift of another wonderful year. Cherish the years, don't dread the numbers, remember your inner three year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories