Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Image that Speaks Volumes

I show this image to people and ask them what it is that they see. I get many responses. It may be the happy look on the groom's face, the hairstyle of the bridesmaid (of all things) or I even got a comment on the videographer. But to me there is something so sweet, special and obvious that stands out to me the most. It is the Father of the Groom wiping tears away.

Ironically, when I shot this, I had no idea this was going on. Further, after speaking with this man later in the day, he was bursting with happiness and pride, and justifiably so. The Groom, which goes without saying, was absolutely the nicest, politest person. His sister was a bridesmaid, his two brothers were fun and the oldest was the best man who gave a touching toast. However, top of mind was their mother who was hospitalized at the time and could not attend the Wedding. This was a great tight family. Upon arriving home, and seeing this, I could not help but get that tightness in my throat as I looked through the series of shots to see his emotions. But I did understand the possible sadness he felt that his wife was missing the marriage of their son, which was difficult on everyone. I saw a father so proud of his son, having found happiness, and moving onto the next chapter of his life. This father should be proud. Both of his son and of the great job he did in raising him.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm sniffling. So heartfelt. I did notice the father crying right after the look on the grooms face. Beautiful capture, Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Categories